Ngl, I used to think tech-y stuff was boring as hell but now I love gadgets.
Also, I feel like I should let everyone know that if you’ve got an iPhone 4 or 4s and are looking to upgrade to one of the iPhone 5 phones since the prices are cheaper now, go straight to the iPhone 5s. Seriously. Don’t even fuck with the 5c.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
Samsung just announced a weird new phone. It’s called the Galaxy Note Edge, aptly, because the screen wraps around to the edge of the phone. It’s like a second, contextual screen that functions sometimes like the doc on a Mac, sometimes like the sidebar of specific applications.
It’s really weird, and I’m really into it.
[via The Verge]
Probably going to get this once I finish paying off my Fire.
If you have the iPhone 4s, I wouldn’t download iOS 8.
Update on me:
I still have the best job in the world.
The iPhone is coming out Friday and I’m already ready to bash my head in. I’ve done nothing but pre-orders since last Friday and I make approximately $0.00 from that.
I am still lusting after an older, hot, bearded, married man.
For the past two weeks, I’ve been rewatching Dragon Ball Z and I will be honest and tell you that I have no fucking clue why. But my inner 11 year old still loves Mirai Trunks, so there’s that.
Sons of Anarchy Recap. Spoilers ahoy.
- Thank you, Wendy, for bringing it up for the FIRST TIME IN THE WHOLE GODDAMN series that Gemma and company should not smoke in the house with the boys.
- Goddamn, the fucking surgeon couldn’t even get that element of Responsible Parenting 101 right.
- It seriously freaks me out that Jax has the ability to sleep in that house considering all of the shit that has gone down there.
- Tig continues his role as the ridiculous slapstick comedian of the show. Somewhere out there, Kim Coates is counting down the days he has left to put up with this shit.
- The big build up of Juice taking Unser hostage is completely deflated by him immediately letting Unser go.
- Boy how convenient that, once again, Gemma immediately gets a jump on her plotline this season by finding out that Unser is a special investigator.
- Over/under on how many more episodes it will take Gemma to kill Unser and/or Juice.
- Speaking of Unser, I can literally see the cogs turning in his head as he starts to piece together the Juice/Gemma connection. Oil up those cogs, Wayne, you’re now in a race against the single immortal force in the show!
- I literally have no idea what’s going on with the Chinese and the Indian Hills charter, but I smell the stupid from a mile away.
- All this automatic gunfire and somehow none of the white boys get hit. Amazing.
- A middle aged man clinging to the side of a truck as it speeds through a bumpy field is as unrealistic as SOA’s bullet repel ability.
- Ah, yes, let’s crash into a box truck going about 40 miles per hour with no seatbelt and walk away without even a scratch.
- Seriously, it’s like this show forgets everyone is 50+ except for Jax.
- Do not give Jax Teller your address. Ever.
- You know this show is predictable when you can see those guys’ murders a mile away.
- I literally do not understand why Jax thinks this is a plan that could work.
- On another note, Wendy advocating for Abel to go to school! Wendy is my new favorite character!
- Juice calling Chibs physically hurt me.
- Barofsky showed up in this episode but I honestly could not tell you what happened between him and Nero and the Mayan dude that wasn’t Alvarez.
- Over/under how many episodes it will take for Jax and Wendy to bang again. Because that’s totally in Sutter’s tacky playbook.
- Tig making a valid point about them running out of places to bury the bodies. Like if anyone just casually took a walk through the woods, they’d stumble upon HUNDREDS of bodies at this point. Why doesn’t Happy just make more vats of acid? Wouldn’t that be a much smarter way to get rid of the bodies?
- It’s almost cute that Jury actually believed Jax Teller was not a piece of shit.
- I’m going to hate to see Jury die brutally… I like him for season 1 nostalgia when the show was still good.
- On the plus side, Charlie Hunnam was shirtless again and I like Juice’s grown out hair.
All in all, I give this episode a solid 5 out of 10, with all 5 of those points coming from Charlie Hunnam wearing sweatpants again.
make sure all of the letters on my grave stone are lowercase so i can remain cool and casual even in death
Sons of Anarchy Recap. Spoilers, duh.
- We open up the season with Jax carving a swastika into a guy. Way to continue to make me hate you only two minutes in.
- Why does Jax get out of jail again? Just because they can’t pin Tara’s murder on him and he gets off on a parole violation technicality (which lol on that one too - Jax is a walking parole violation at all times) doesn’t mean that Patterson can’t collect on her deal.
- Oh yeah, let’s shack up with the Aryan Brotherhood, Jax. They’ve always been so great to you in the past.
- I don’t care what Gemma claims, she is bordering psychopathy in this episode the way she deals with Tara’s death.
- Juice’s naked push ups in the beginning were appreciated, just though I’d put that here.
- Also, hiding in Wendy’s apartment is the stupidest decision possible.
- How long before Wendy tells Jax where Juice is in order to curry his favor?
- How long before Wendy connects the dots and realizes that Gemma and Juice are knee deep in some shit and tells Jax in order to curry his favor?
- How long before Wendy collects the boys and whisks them away to Vermont where she can marry a nice lady and settle down far far away from these dumbasses?
- It’s nice to see that Tig is still just a prop for the gag joke of the night.
- That wheelchair scene had more CGI than Sharknado.
- And I’ll be honest, I still have no idea what was going on with that. Nor do I care.
- The whole thing with the preachers have a bisexual orgy was Sutter’s was of getting his “edge” in for the night. Religious people participating in group sex with people of the same gender… damn, Sutter, I could split hairs on that edge!
- Definitely think Gemma will kill Juice before the end of this.
- I’ll be honest, I don’t remember much else until Jax meets with Alvarez and Lin and is all “Let’s have a party”.
- My God, the fact the party was a set-up for something was so obvious that Jax might as well said “This party is a set-up for something.”
- And look, there’s the set up for something.
- Oh, hey, Gemma is blaming Tara’s death on the Chinese even though it makes literally zero sense whatsoever.
- Remember how stupid it was to blame the Niners for Donna’s death just a couple of years ago in the show timeline? Does everyone have the memory of a goldfish?
- Unser sees an SOA backpack in Wendy’s closet and actually wonders whose it was? Who else’s would it be, Wayne? Jax’s? Or maybe the guy who mysteriously disappeared and no one can seem to find because he’s probably hiding out in a super unobvious place.
- Why would you go back to said apartment to investigate said backpack? Even if you couldn’t deduce whose it was (which, come the fuck on), don’t you think it’s a bad idea to return to the place where someone who doesn’t want to be found is hiding?
- Juice is holding Unser hostage. Lol.
- Jax wins father of the year award for torturing and killing a man in his home where his children live and sleep.
- This version of “Bohemian Rhapsody” sucked balls at first but improved as it went on. Still don’t understand why there always has to be an opening and closing cheesy montage but whatever.
- Nero did some stuff, I think, but who the fuck cares.
- Ngl, I’m usually pretty good at decoding Chibs, but his mouth was insanely full of mush tonight.
- Anarchy Afterword = literally could not care less.
All in all, I’d give this episode a 6/10. 4 of those points come from Theo Rossi’s ass and the other two come from Charlie Hunnam being shirtless.